For whomever I offended, I am sorry. I honestly didn't mean the bottom line to be to give us money or our trip. My point was theres so much we should do, myself included. If not to our cause, then to other options like adopting, sponsoring children, feeding poor people. These are things I've been convicted with personally myself and was just sharing. I realize this blog is focused on Noura and I apologize for gearing it towards something else. I hope in the future if someone is offended who cares about me, you would tell me personally, and not on an anonomous comment. Either way, I wont share those opinions again and respect those who disagree with my personal opinions.
And now, we have decided to end this blog. The original intent was to share about Noura during our time at the hospital and RSV season. We decided to keep it up, but now there are many other things going on in our lives that I cannot ignore on here, but now feel I should. So we have decided to end this chapter and will send pictures to family through email (dont worry far away fam!)
Thank you for checking this blog and for your prayers and support for our little one. We are so blessed to have her in our life and we're glad to share it with you!
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Hey Betsy,
I wish I had checked this sooner so that I could have at least offered some encouragment in light of the last person's anonymous comment. I would love to talk you out of ending the blog... as I hate for one person's opinion to ruin what has been a wonderful thing for you.
You have every right to vent your frustrations and struggles on your own blog... and I believe that many of us truly understand the difficulty in raising support for a mission that you believe God is calling you to do. And while I do think that God can and will use these times to challenge our faith, I also was challenged just by reading your feelings to pray harder for you all as you continue to raise support. You are all in a scary place right now... but it's exciting at the same time... because God is using you while others are watching closely.
The truth is... while your blog has revolved around Noura... it really has been about your family. This trip to Africa is the focus of your family right now... and I for one would love to continue to read about everything you feel led to share.
Love you guys... Meghan
I hope that you receive this message before your leave, I really enjoy looking at your blog daily and looking at pictures of Noura. Please email me pictures at mscott3@clarian.org. I hate to see you leave. We'll miss you and your family, my prayers are with you.
Betsy,
I totally agree with what Meghan has said. It is your blog and it started off to keep us all up to date on Noura but also to keep us up to date with your family. I hope to continue to hear about how things are going and how things go in Africa. Please keep us posted if not here then myspace.
Hope all is well
Love always
Kim
Dear Betsy,
As you know, I don't usually post comments on your blog but I felt I needed to add my two cents! First of all I am very sad that I will not be able to check the blog everyday to see and read my family's news. This has been a great connection for us. I know that you will send us pictures...you're a great daughter-in-law! But...I do want to comment on "Anonymous'" comment and I hope that he/she reads it.
There is no one "more important" way to serve God than another. That is why God calls us a body. We are all made to play a different part in His kingdom. God called the woman with the alabaster vile to anoint Jesus with this very expense perfume. How wasteful is that? The disciples scolded her, saying that money could have gone to help the poor. But Jesus said she has done what she could, anointing His body for burial. She played her part and Jesus said that wherever the gospel is preached in the whole world, what this woman has done will also be spoken of in her memory. The key is to be faithful to what God has asked you to do.
Andrew and Betsy, what God has asked you to do is EXTREMELY important. People in Burundi need the spiritual food that they will receive as a result of the radio station. I am proud of your willingness to trust God to provide for you as you move forward with what He has asked you to do.
We all need to encourage one another. I cannot know what kind of encouragement you need unless you say so. Thank you for you honesty in sharing your struggles. And to dear anonymous, I pray that God will bless you as you help to provide food for the hungry. Love, Giselle (Mom)
Amen Giselle! :)
Betsy,
I sure hope you do not stop the blog. I read it all the time and It would be aweful to not know how Noura and your family are.
I check your blog because I enjoy knowing about your whole family. Please don't stop your blog because of one person's comment. They seemed to take defense at you sharing your heart. We are all vulnerable when it comes to our feelings....but I hope you will continue to take that risk.
Love,Carol
I expect to be updated on Noura daily, if you don't, I will kidnap your child....seriously..... I want a daughter. It's even better to know that I would get a cute smiley one.....so BEWARE!!! (Although, if I did take her, it would be weird when she and Jack marry each other someday....) so, you better keep me informed!
I hope that you continue the blog. I just love hearing all the updates and seeing pictures of your family. Heather
I agree with everyone too! Cam and I so enjoy reading your blog! Don't leave! We want to keep informed of the events taking shape in your lives...especially at this point!!!!
Hope your not leaving over that "comment". People are allowed their opinion of things...but only ONE opinion counts...GOD'S!!! We're praying for you and your family and hope some how that we can keep in touch with all that's going on! God Bless!
Please don't end your blog! I love reading about Noura and your family. (even though i don't know you personally...but i know you're good friends of Shanna and Dave) Please reconsider the blog. I too have had negative feedback on mine and I've decided that it's ok...it's MY blog and I can write what I want to on it. Can't always protect everyone and yes, toes may get stepped on. NEways...you have been in our prayers with all that you have coming up in your lives.
I, too, agree with all of the wonderful words of your friends and family, I just love your blog, it is my favorite and love, love , love to see and hear about what Noura is doing, she is so special to us at the NICU. We adore you all and support any decision you may make..Hugs,Paula
Betsy- What an ignorant and judgemental comment that was left on your previous blog. I am sorry if you are discontinuing the blog because of one cowardly and horribly wrong individual. I couldn't agree more with everything you wrote, and wish with all my heart I could give you the $14,000 you need to bring this radio station to Africa. I will be hoping and praying for you guys and hope you will at least still frequently update your myspace with news and pictures- I love hearing about Noura, but I love reading what you are thinking and feeling as well. Best wishes for your family as you face this big challenge...
I just read the entry that has caused so much controversy. All I can say is bravo! I so very much appreciated your utter honesty. There are many times when I just want to lay the smack down like that but don't because I'm afraid of the response. And you so beautifully included your own struggles in "practicing what you preach". I'm proud of you and appreciate your heart!!!
Post a Comment