Yesterday Noura turned 8 months old! (she'll be 5 mos. adjusted on the 19th) I cannot believe how quick she is growing and learning new things!
Yesterday we went to the NICU to get out of the house and visit some nurses we haven't seen in a long time! It was great, we saw a few nurses that were with us and a huge help when Noura was in the hospital. We also saw a friend I made there, who is a housekeeper there. She cleaned my room when I was in labor, and every day would stay in the room for a while and talk to me. When Noura was born, she also cleaned the NICU rooms so we saw her alot. It was always a nice break in the day to have someone to talk to, and she was always so friendly and loved to peek in Nouras incubator. About the time Noura was born, she found out she was pregnant. It was fun to start seeing her grow, and when we would visit the NICU after we came home, I could see her too! Well, yesterday when I saw her I realized her belly was gone, but I knew she wasn't due until April. She informed me that she went into preterm labor at 20 weeks, and her baby girl didn't survive. This broke my heart. She spit the facts out like she's conditioned herself to tell it without getting too emotional, but I could see the pain in her eyes. She has a 10 yr. old who has been really sad, and she told me she wants to try again someday. It made me see that maybe one reason I had Noura so early was so I could relate to moms on this issue. I really never realized how common it was for women to go into preterm labor. Obviously I don't know what it is like to lose my baby, but I can understand the pain and vulnerableness you have when your child is at risk in any way. I didn't know what to say to her, so I just let her talk for a while. I am glad I saw her, because last night I couldn't sleep so I just prayed and prayed for her. I always thought about her and her baby, so I am glad I can pray for her.
I dont mean for this to be a downer, but I wanted to share, because this woman is such a special lady, and my heart breaks for her.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yeah, I saw you come out of your house, but thought you got in your car then... I was just getting back from my appt. (I was there from 9-2!) I am really relieved that both boys are 4 lbs. now. It makes me feel much better to know that if they were born now, they would not have to stay in the hospital too long. And my cervix is still closed, so that's good. I will be 35 weeks on April 1, and they should be over 5 lbs. at that point, so that's when I want to start walking :)
Yeah for Noura being 8 months!!! She's doing great :)
I love that pic of her! She looks "big" to me, also! I can't believe that I have two of "her" inside me right now. I feel big, but it's crazy to think that they would look like her if they were born now. And yes, it's comforting to know that they are really okay to be born now.
Oh I am so sorry to hear that she lost her baby. She use to check in on Hudson all the time too. She was such a sweet person. I will add her to my prayers.
Post a Comment