Wednesday, April 2, 2008

doctors appt., bday party, Africa

So theres a few things thats been going on, and I have forgot to update. We debated keeping the blog up, since originally it was just going to be during RSV season. We dont get a ton of comments, so I'm not sure if many people still keep up with it. We're still not sure, and theres a few things going on, that we may keep it up still, especially for those who dont live here.
Last week Noura had an appt. with a surgeon about her umbilical hernia. It doesn't seem to cause her any pain, but she spits up large amounts about 5-6x/hr, and they think it could be connected. They are having us tape her hernia down for a week, and see if it affects anything. Surprisingly, she is actually spitting up alot less! I thought the idea sounded silly, but it actually is helping. So we will probably do surgery on it soon. It is a quick surgery and she will be able to go home the same day, which was what we wanted.




Layla is jealous of all Noura's attention



Oh, the veggie puffs are weird!



Stephs bday
This weekend we threw my friend Steph a birthday party, because it was her "golden" birthday. Never heard of that? We think Iowa made it up:) but its special because she turned 25 on the 25th. It was a fun time to hang out with girls!




Ok the last topic is Africa. Many of you already know, but in Aug.-Dec. Andrew, Noura and I will be heading to Burundi Africa. Andrew was offered a position to help start a radio station at Hope Africa University. They are connected to the Free Methodist Church. We are very excited for this new adventure and trust God will protect us and have a plan for all of us there! I'm very excited, I will be able to spend time with alot of the students that are on campus, and will also be able to help with AIDS education. We really appreciate your prayers, and if you have any questions, you can email me at betsyjtimbie@gmail.com. We'll fill more details in later, but I thought I'd share it quick before I head out

That is all for today, we are off to enjoy the beautiful day!

13 comments:

Beek's Fam said...

I love checking your blog! You need to keep updating it!
How exciting about Africa! We will keep you guys in our prayers as your prepare to go and while you are there.
Julie

Kim said...

I also enjoy checking your blog and the updates on your family. I too think you should keep it updated for us Californian's. Hope all goes wekk with Noura's surgery and looks like you have an adventure ahead of you... Africa? sounds fun. Keep us posted! see another reason to keep the blog going.

Anonymous said...

I love checking your blog too!!! We are still going to want to see lots of pics of Noura as she grows... RSV season or no, I dont get to see her! And once you are in Africa no one else will either... AND you will have a TON to write about once you get there! Dont quit! Dont quit! Dont quit! :) (thats me, protesting)
-Mandy

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that I'm reading your blog ;)
How exciting that you get to go to Africa! I'm jealous! Well, not too jealous... I don't know that I'd want to go with two little babies, but still... :)
I had a great time walking with you gals yesterday! Let's do it again soon.

Paula.... said...

I love your blog please don't stop it! I saw your post on my blog, I work friday and saturday this weekend, the 4 &5...call first but I should be there, would love to see miss noura and give her hugs!
Nurse Paula

Anonymous said...

I vote for keeping your blog as well, I love seeing updated pictures of Noura! :)
Rachel

Meghan said...

Don't you dare stop this blog!

Anonymous said...

This is one of my daily stops on the net! I would be most saddened if it went away!!!

Angela

carol said...

Don't stop the blog!! I love seeing pictures of you guys. Plus, now that you can venture out, you'll have all sorts of new things to talk about.

Shanna said...

keep the blog..and how in the world did i not know that u were going to africa!!!!! holy cow!! we need to talk more!!!!!!! miss ya lots....call me!!

The Albrecht Family said...

You can't stop the blog! I love checking up on Miss Noura. At work that's what we do at night, check in on Noura and Hudson. What would we do at WORK, if we couldn't check the blogs? Love, Nurse Heather

Loree Alayne Photography said...

I read your blog just about every day!!! Keep it up! I love reading about Noura =)

Brian and Michelle Scott said...

Please do not stop your blog, I check it on a daily basis. I love to see how well our NICU babies are doing! We miss you guys.