Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Snuggle before bedtime
Happy and squealing when she's supposed to go to bed
Lindsey's birthday at Melting Pot
mmm!
we loooove chocolate!
the zoo with Jack
Noura and I at the zoo
This has been a good and full week. With the weather getting warmer, we try to be out walking alot and Noura and Layla (our dog) could spend all day outside!
Sunday my friend Beth watched Noura so we could go out for my friend Lindsey's birthday. We went to the Melting Pot. It was AMAZING!! Lindsey and I about licked the chocolate fondue bowl clean, while Andrew snacked on the fruit and Rob tried to steal a bit of the fondue if we werent looking:)
My parents came over for dinner Monday, and Noura was very happy to see them (we were too). Noura had an appt. at Clarian North with a developmental pediatrician for a follow up from the hospital (since she was so early). It was LONG, we waited over an hour before we even saw a doctor, so by the time she came in to check on her, Noura was rubbing her eyes and crying for a nap, poor girl! They were surprised at how well she is doing for being so early. She is right on target for her adjusted age (about 6 mos). She is great with her height and weight for her adjusted age. She is now 17lb 9 oz. and 26 in. long. I am starting to get horrible wrist cramps lately, and I wonder if its from her huge weight! They were a bit concerned that her pediatrician had her switch to regular formula, and want us to go back to preemie formula until she is 15 mos., which was a surprise to us. Other than that, we got nothing but good news, which is nice to hear from an actual doctor! We also made a quick stop to the NICU of course but we couldn't stay long, because she was sleepy. Its so funny though, every time she visits, she will stare at the nurses, and then she smiles and jabbers at them. Its like theyre familiar somehow to her, and thankfully, good memories! I like to take her there as often as I can so they can see her grow. They are a HUGE part of why she is alive, healthy and thriving and I truly believe God handpicked every nurse, doctor, receptionist, and housekeeper that we came into contact with and were so thankful for each one of them!!
Today we went with my friend Steph and her son Jack to the zoo. It was BEAUTIFUL weather and so nice to get some fresh air! I think we liked the animals more than the kids, and we definately looked like new moms snapping pictures of our kids in front of every animal! But it was her first zoo outing, and it was so much fun!
Noura is getting so big and I am amazed at how fast she's growing. She's about to sit up, hopefully in the next few weeks. Andrew practices sitting up with her every day he comes home. She finally is rolling over alot, but now wakes us up at night if she's on her belly. She is jabbering a ton now, and she has the best laugh, and loves to be tickled. She still loves to snuggle with me when shes sleepy and I will be so sad when that changes. Her new thing lately is once Andrew is home and she sees him, if he leaves her sight she will cry until she sees him again, and when she sees him she squeals. Its really funny and so cute.

5 comments:

Beek's Fam said...

Isn't it just so fun watching her grow up? I also love doing new things with Faith. We haven't gone to the zoo yet, but it's in our plans to go one of these days. Yesterday we took her to the park. She had fun.
NEways...Looks like all is going well with you guys. I can't believe how much she weighs! She weighs 3 pounds more than Faith and she's 10 months old! She is very cute! Love the pictures!

Shanna said...

Can I just say how much i love your blog! even though we barely ever talk, I feel like we do, cause I get to read your blog and see pics. I hope to call u soon!!

Anonymous said...

thank you so much for all your prayers... you understand more than anyone about having a baby in the NICU. i actually keep thinking about noura and it helps keep things in perspective for me. lincoln is doing better everyday. it was disappointing that he couldn't come home today, but hopefully tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

It was great hanging out with you and Noura today! Seriously, I was looking forward to it all week. We should definitely "do lunch" more. My people will call your people, and so on, aight?

Leah Desserich said...

I think we were at the Zoo on the same day!!! Funny stuff!