Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Amazing day for Mommy, sad day for Noura










For every milestone, I feel like God is giving us another miracle with our little one. Today was the first day Noura smiled out of response! I was snuggling with her his morning and she was just staring at me. I started smiling and talking to her and she smiled back!! I couldn't believe it, so I kept doing it, and she kept looking at me and smiling right after I did!! It was amazing! I got a picture of her doing it again this afternoon, but she was sleepy, so its a sleepy smile. She's 4 1/2 mos. old, but adjusted 1 month (developmentally about a month old since she came 3 mos early). What an exciting day!

The sad day for Noura was that she had her 4 month immunization shots today. side note: she's now 9lb. 12 oz. and 21 inches! She hated the shots, and screamed. It was hard, because it reminded me of her being poked and prodded at the hospital. She has fussed ALL day, more than usual (hence the photo, how she feels about those shots that made her sore and grumpy). So I haven't put her down all day (I'm even holding her now and typing with one hand). I've tried, but she screamed and since I felt bad, I gave in and we have snuggled all day. Poor baby. But she may be grumpy but those smiles made me happy!!










3 comments:

Angie said...

Betsy,
How cute. She is getting to be so big and adorable. I love the outfit that Andrew picked out. Great Job ANDREW!! Can't wait to see you guys. I miss you Noura!
Love,
Nurse Angie

Shanna said...

oh that smile is soooo precious!! Shot days suck..sorry about that...i hate shot days, but it gives you an excuse to cuddle and hold her all day!!

Anonymous said...

Noura,
I am FINALLY coming home today after being gone for 10 days!! Mommy made me meet a ton of new people, but I'm excited to be home. Can you play this week? Talk to your mom and let me know. I miss you.

Love,
Jack