Thursday, December 27, 2007





I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! Ours didn't go as we had planned (we were going to NY to be with the Timbie's, but we couldn'y), but it was very relaxing at home. On Christmas Eve, my parents came over to watch Noura so Andrew and I could go to the Christmas Eve service at church. It was SO nice to be there! I got a little sad seeing little girls in their pretty dresses, and I wanted Noura there, but Andrew reminded me "in the Spring". You would think that was a magic phrase, because any time I am sad about not going out, we say "in the spring we can". :)


Christmas was so fun having our little one home. We woke up and opened our stocking gifts in our bed with Noura. Then Noura and I took my parents to the airport (they went to see my brothers, my sister in law, and my niece in CA) while Andrew made breakfast(he makes the best breakfast!) We had a yummy breakfast and then opened gifts (I got tickets to see 'Wicked'!) Noura really didn't care much, but it was extra fun for us, and she got some toys and cute clothes!! We have relaxed all week with Andrew off of work, but sadly this morning he had to go back:(
Noura has been amazing lately at bedtime. We were laughing about how awful it used to be (you can only laugh about it later). She has been going to bed around 7pm lately, sometimes a little earlier. It usually takes a few times to re-put her to bed (no, we don't let her cry, I would hate to cry myself to sleep), but it is getting less and less! Last night she went down at 630 (bad naps), and we only put her down once and she was out til 4! then slept til about 730 after she ate! I thought it would never happen, but she's getting to be our big girl!! If only she wouldnt spit up 100 times a day, but one thing at a time:)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, here's to looking forward to the Spring!!! When will you be given the go-ahead to take her outside? I'm hoping I can start taking the boys for walks in May or June.

Hummel Family said...

I am glad to hear you had a 1st memorable Christmas with your little sweetie.

I hope you recieved my email...no need to write back...I KNOW you are busy. I just wanted you to know I sent one, just incase you didn't get one yet.

You will be amazed how fast time will fly...MAY will be here before you know it!!!!

carol said...

Ahh, those smiles are so sweet! It looks like she enjoyed her Christmas (as did you!)
I'd love to get out for coffee with you sometime :)

Shanna said...

I love those smiles! She seems to love the camera! Glad u guys had a good Christmas!! Luv ya

Meghan said...

Merry Christmas you guys! Noura looks adorable...as usual!! And SOOO happy!