Monday, December 3, 2007

never a dull moment

Noura has been AMAZING lately at night. She gets up a couple of times to eat, but it is so great that she is actually sleeping for the most part between those feedings!

Noura has had some spitting up issues though. She has reflux, so she is choking or coughing a decent amount, and also spitting up and screaming and pulling on me sometimes after she eats, like in pain. But on Saturday she spit up ALL over me! She seemed fine, so I didn't worry about it. But this morning about 2 hours after her feeding, without warning she threw up and soaked my entire shirt, pants, and chair. I took her temp and she seemed fine, but I thought I'd check in with the doctor. He decided since this has been a problem, he wants to refer her to the hospital and get a barium swallow done (she had a barium enema done before she left the hospital) a barium swallow is an x-ray test used to examine the upper digestive tract (the esophagus, stomach, and small intestine). The barium temporarily coats the lining of the esophagus, stomach, and intestine, making the outline of these organs visible on the xray pictures. We are not sure yet when she will be having this, but I stressed to the doctor that we would like it ASAP. We are praying if there is a problem, it can be easily fixed. I am not too worried, I guess we got used to tests being run on her. But it is hard to wait, we got used to living at the hospital, and tests were run as soon as an idea was brought up. But we'll keep you posted! But just so you all don't worry, Noura is doing great, she seems to feel great (other than around feeding time) and she is growing really well, so we are not concerned that she is spitting up too much that it is affecting her growth.

2 comments:

Shanna said...

oh u poor mama! that must be disgusting when its all over you! hahahaha... and i pray that everything turns out ok with the tests

Anonymous said...

You guys have been through sooo much! You're such troopers. I really hope they're able to figure out things soon.
Also, soooo glad she's started sleeping more for you!