daddy's more fun than sleep
I will admit I have been a little spoiled lately. For the most part, Noura goes to bed at about 6 or 630 and sleeps until 7am, with 2-3 feedings in between. It's been great.
Well, yesterday was "one of those days". Noura fussed almost all day. She would scream everytime she was put down, didn't want to play, hated every book. I wanted to hop and my car and take off to California (I think when most people run away, they go to California). I was waiting for bedtime. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this kid, but we all have those days. So 545 came and Andrew fed her, and her eyes got sleepy. She fell right asleep at 6. Whew. A quiet evening with Andrew.
Boy was I wrong. 10 minutes later she woke up and screamed. and screamed. Usually we can calm her down and she's out but not last night. For three hours straight she screamed the second she was put down. I fed her again. Didn't help. More screaming. We let her cry for about 5 minutes but she gets louder. Finally we give up and lay her on our bed. And she smiles. a huge smile. And starts babbling. Acting like it was the morning! She was the happiest baby. It was crazy, but how could you be mad at a happy baby? Finally she fell asleep, and I was ready for bed too. Boy she wears bme out. But she's lucky she's so cute:)
1 comment:
I can totally relate to this! I had a sleepless night Tuesday night and Wednesday she was one cranky baby. She wouldn't nap either.
Glad though that she fell asleep eventually! Sure are trying times!!
Post a Comment