Today was a very exciting day! We have been inside and haven't visited anyone for a long time, but we finally went over to my NICU friend Leah's, who has Hudson. We haven't hung out for about 2 mos., so it was about time! It was so great to catch up and see my little man, who is getting SO big! It's so funny because most people wouldn't call our kids "big" but after seeing our 2 lb. babies we spent the afternoon talking about how "huge" and "chubby" they are! It was very fun, because they both interact a bit more and it was nice to get some pictures. If anyone was a fly on the wall, they would've laughed at me and Leah making funny faces and noises to try and get them to smile, but they were so tired!
Noura slept the whole way home, so she must've had fun. And it is always nice for me to get out a little.
Noura is learning how to sleep without being swaddled. A little old for her to be swaddled, I know, but it works so well! We're on Night 2, and she keeps waking up. I'm letting her cry a little more than usual, but once she started wailing so I went in and rocked her. This is one of my favorite things, as long as it's not 3am or something. I wouldn't rather be anywhere else at that time. She holds on really tight to me and stares at me until her little eyes drift to sleep. It absolutely melts me. I love that this sweet little thing calms right down when I hold her. I love to rock her and sing to her (poor girl) and I constantly am thanking God that He gave her to me. It's so amazing. I remember people telling me that your heart overflows with love when you have a child, but I never really knew until I had her. It makes all the late nights and fussy days worth it. I know I'm a little sappy, but I just love her so much.
2 comments:
Wow! My two favorite preemie's in one picture! I can't get over how they have changed. They are both so adorable. They will be walking soon.
Nurse Angie
I love reading your blog. Your such a good mom!!! I can't believe how cute Noura is!!! She seems to be doing so well. I know we don't know each other well but she has been in my prayers from day one!! Loree Sumner
Post a Comment